Technical Sales Apprenticeships
Looking at getting into IT sales? An Apprenticeship Job in IT Technical Sales could be the best way to achieve your goals. This Apprenticeship covers many bases from Data Security to Project Management. In turn, this opens up a diverse job market. Keep reading to find out more about the IT Technical sales Apprenticeship.
What does Technical sales involve?
The primary role of an IT Technical Salesperson is to sell a company’s technical products and services. They need a good knowledge and understanding of the portfolio of technologies that are available. They work to maintain good relationships with existing clients, gaining repeat business wherever possible from customers both internal and external, UK or internationally. They also approach potential customers with the aim of winning new business. They maintain a thorough understanding of existing technologies and those that are emerging.
What Jobs Can You Get With This Qualification?
Sales Associate, Sales Consultant, Sales Engineer, Entry Level Customer Support, Technical Retail Assistant, Technical Tele Sales, Junior Account Manager
What Technical Knowledge Will You Gain On This Apprenticeship?
- Understands the basic elements and architecture of computer systems
- Acquire a working knowledge of Cloud and Cloud Services
- Understand the principles of secure coding
- Acquire a working knowledge of the role IT plays within the broader context of a business strategy
- Understand the main methodologies used for unified communications
- Understand the basics of how data storage works and the main technical options available
- Understand how to communicate using the appropriate language and terminology for audience and cultural awareness
- Understand the principles and ethics of sales, recognising the importance of delivering value to the customer
- Understand the sales life cycle, techniques & processes
- Understand how to negotiate, handle objections and close sales
- Understand the business product(s) they are responsible for selling including the relevant vendor product(s) as selected by the employer.
Underpinning Skills, Attitudes and Behaviours Required/Acquired
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- The ability to interact effectively and professionally with a range of different types of customer
- Ability to think analytically and to solve problems
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain productive, professional and secure working environment
- Ability to operate in a secure manner
This apprenticeship is recognised for entry on to the Register of IT Technicians and those completing their apprenticeships are eligible to apply for registration.
As you now know an IT Technical sales Apprenticeship covers quite a wide variety of specialist skills and jobs. Don’t let this put you off from applying as not every area of this apprenticeship has to interest you to make it worth while. Please follow the link below to find out more. information on this apprenticeship.