Are you looking at getting into being an Education Technician (HE assistant technician)? This Apprenticeship could be the best way forward for you- and here is why! An Education Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship covers the KSBs in the following subjects
- Prepare the teaching, learning or research introductory session
- safely demonstrate to student and staff how to operate simple and complex equipment
- Collation of data, documentation, and resources such as room usage, inventories of equipment and experiment data.
- undertake routine – ensure environment remains safe and fit for purpose e.g health and safety inspections and audits.
- and many more..
Expectations in order start and finish an Education Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship?
This apprenticeship is a 24-month period level 3 apprenticeship excluding the End Point Assessment (EPA). To pass the apprenticeship, you are needed to do 20% Off The Job (OTJ) training e.g learning new skills, training courses, classroom learning and many more. over the duration of the 24-month course you will need to continuously fill in your portfolio- this goes towards your final grade. To enrol in this apprenticeship, you need to pass level 2 maths and English. Once you have completed the apprenticeship, you will receive your grade which will be a pass, distinction or very rarely a fail.
Options after the apprenticeship has done
- Continue your employment in the industry
Typical jobs title includes,
– Assistant technician – simulation technicians – clinical skills technician
– Junior technician – clinical simulation technicians and many more..
- Progress in higher level qualifications – charted management institute (CMI) to become a team leader or operations manager.
In conclusion, Education Technician (HE) level 3 apprenticeship, is working with higher education for example universities. Your role would be to provide valuable technical support to academic or health care professionals in learning, teaching, or research. You would be responsible for managing and undertaking routine maintenance of standard and bespoke equipment, stock control and housekeeping to ensure teaching, learning and research environments are and remain fit for purpose. there are numerous options that you could work in for example, applied science, engineering, arts, humanities, environmental science, performing arts and healthcare science. If you want to find more information on this level 3 apprenticeship then click here