Have you always been interested in consumer behaviour and making data-driven decisions? Want to be involved in a rapidly changing industry? A Level 3 Digital Marketing Apprenticeship may be the next step for you. This 18-month course is available to everyone, from school leavers to adults looking for a career change. It would allow you to plan, build and execute multichannel campaigns to increase customer acquisition and retention, from optimising an SEO plan to implementing a digital campaign with the Social Media team. An apprenticeship could kick start your career, leading on to further employment or higher study.
What will you be doing day to day?
As a Digital Marketing apprentice, you will have the opportunity to perform in several roles including; Digital Marketing Assistant, Digital Marketing Executive, Digital Marketing Co-ordinator, Campaign Executive, Social Media Executive, Content Co-ordinator, Email Marketing Assistant, SEO Executive, Analytics Executive, and Digital Marketing Technologist.
Your team will typically receive briefs from clients/client teams and will be asked to design and build a campaign based on the specified objectives and utilise key industry knowledge and innovation to support your clients. As an apprentice, your role would be to support your manager with creating, running and monitoring campaigns to increase KPI’s, including; impressions, click through rate and conversions.
A Digital Marketing manager on average receives a £45,000 salary in the UK with many individuals working their way up to a Digital Marketing Director’s wage of £68,000. The Level 3 Digital Marketing apprenticeship is a great way to kick start your career in this lucrative industry that has many progression opportunities.
Is this sounding like the right fit for you? All you need are Level 2 Maths and English GCSEs by the time you reach your End Point Assessment, however many employers looking for an apprentice will most likely be more interested in your life experiences and what personally makes you a great fit for their company.
Level 3 Digital Marketing Competencies
Within your role and as an apprentice you will hit several competencies including:
- Written communication with a wide range of audiences (line managers, clients, internal teams, external agencies) across several platforms
- Research and analysis to determine long term and short-term campaign strategies
- Use of Digital Technologies and Tools to achieve campaign objectives
- Data use to monitor and analyse online activity to provide advice to internal and external parties
- Provide Customer service online and through social media platforms
- Implement multichannel digital campaigns
- And specialise in two of the following areas; PPC, Email Marketing, SEO or Search Marketing
- Measure and report on the success of the campaign
- Interprets and Follows, including how you have kept up with industry updates
What Digital Marketing exams will I be taking?
To complete the end point assessment, you must have the below:
- KM1, Principles of Coding Certificate
- KM2, Principles of Marketing Certificate
- Google Analytics Certificate
- A portfolio of the high-quality work produced throughout your time an as apprenticeship, including evidence of the competencies you have achieved, this will be the key talking point of your end point assessment with the exam officer
- A synoptic project completed over 4 days showcasing the skills you have learnt over the 18 months
- An employer reference submitted by your line manager
By completing a Digital Marketing apprenticeship, you will have acquired all the skills needed to progress into an account executive role (or higher), with an excellent understanding of the different areas of marketing. You will have gained valuable experience planning and executing campaigns across multiple channels and communicating with internal and external parties. Once you have passed your level 3 Digital MarketingApprenticeship with a pass or higher, you will then have the opportunity to progress into a higher apprenticeship or begin your career as a qualified Digital Marketer!
To read more on apprenticeships, go back to the home page
And follow our social pages below